Preventative Care in Heber Springs, AR
Our teeth, gums and oral tissues are many times taken for granted. Often times we do not realize how important they are until we have a problem. Remember, you are only given one set of teeth and gums. We hope you take good care of them!
Good dental hygiene is the best preventative care for your teeth, gums and jawbone. The objective is to remove plaque on a daily basis to avoid cavities and gum disease. Good dental hygiene and preventative care practices include the following:
- Brushing twice a day – you should brush using the proper method (as “rough” brushing can damage your gums). To watch our video on how to brush, click here.
- Flossing at least once a day – you should floss using the proper method (as “improper” flossing can damage your gums). To watch our video on how to floss, click here.
- Tongue Cleaning when you brush – tongue cleaning helps you remove bacteria that causes bad breath.
- Dental exam every six months – the sooner we discover any dental issue, the easier it is to remedy the issue. Dr. Wilson will check you for signs of oral cancer as well as checking your teeth and gums.
- Cleaning every 6 months – our staff should clean and polish your teeth. This will eliminate any plaque or tartar you may not be getting during your brushing and flossing.
- X-Ray exam every year – the latest digital x-ray exams make it easy for us to determine if you have any “hidden” dental issues. Again, the sooner any dental issue is discovered, the easier it is to remedy the issue.
- Healthy diet – eat a balanced diet; avoid soft drinks and sugary snacks.
If you don’t already have an appointment with us for you next regular examination, call us today. Your teeth and gums will be glad you did. We look forward to serving all of your preventative care and other dental needs.
Did you know?
Did you know that Dr. Wilson offers the following services? Click on any item to visit its webpage.